St Louis, February 24 (RHC-AP) -– Missouri’s U.S. Sen. Claire McCaskill says she supports legislation to end the U.S. economic blockade against Havana. The Democrat affirmed her support of opening trade on Monday following her recent trip to the country.
McCaskill says trade with Cuba could help Missouri farmers compete to export goods, particularly rice. McCaskill returned from a trip to Cuba last week, and told reporters that other Missouri Democrats such as Gov. Jay Nixon are planning to visit the island.
- U.S. Republican lawmakers favor agricultural trade between Cuba and the United States
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- Terrible week in Guatemala
- Colombians in awe due to threat of disaster at hidroituango dam
- Cuba condemns OAS' interference in Venezuela's internal affairs
- U.S. imperialism has not succeeded in destroying Puerto Rican nationalism
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3791
- today: 1537
- online: 127
- total: 4839981