Kingston, June 26 (RHC) –- Cuba has granted full medical scholarships to eight Jamaican students, including one who is of Cuban descent, the Jamaica Observer reports.
The scholarships, each valued at US$80,000 for six years of medical school and one year of Spanish immersion courses, are tenable in Cuba beginning September 2015.
Ambassador of Cuba to Jamaica Bernardo Guanche Hernandez presented the awards to the students during a reception at the Cuban diplomatic seat in Kingston.
The awards are made reality under the Cuba-Jamaica Cooperation Program, which has seen up to last year a total of 556 Jamaican students graduating from different specialty programs in Cuba.
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- Cuba ratifies its unwavering support for Nicaragua
- Cuba renews its solidarity with Nicaragua
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- Cuban lawmakers studying draft of new Constitution
- Machado Ventura: Unity among the left and progressive forces is urgently needed these days
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3268
- today: 634
- online: 100
- total: 4943478