Santiago de Cuba, June 27 (RHC)-- Commander of the Revolution Ramiro Valdés Menéndez toured construction works in Santiago de Cuba, in preparation to celebrate the 500th anniversary of the founding of the eastern Cuban city.
In Santiago de Cuba, housing construction and other projects are being carried out to commemorate the 62nd anniversary of the assault on the Moncada Garrison, which will be celebrated on July 26th.
Noting the slight delay in the construction of more than 13,000 housing units being built, Ramiro Valdes called on workers to step up their efforts to have all projects completed on time. He also urged construction workers to use pre-fabricated materials and other technology to finish the manufacturing of furniture and other household goods for the residents of Santiago de Cuba.
Accompanying Comandante Ramiro Valdes on the tour was the First Secretary of the Communist Party of Cuba, Lázaro Expósito, and other area officials.
- U.S. congressional delegation wraps up visit to Cuba
- Activists urge protest actions to demand closure of Guantánamo Naval Base
- Argentina, in the claws of the vultures!
- RHC's Segment 'The Voice of José Martí'
- RHC's Mailbag Show
- Visiting US congressional delegation meets with President Raúl Castro, speaks to the media in Havana
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3797
- today: 3241
- online: 115
- total: 4377363