Caracas, July 21 (RHC)-- The Bolivarian Alliance for the Peoples of Our America-People's Trade Treaty -- ALBA-TCP -- has welcomed the restoration of diplomatic relations between Cuba and the United States, following the reopening of embassies in both capitals.
In a statement released yesterday, the integrationist bloc highlights the historical event as a victory for the Cuban people in their struggle for sovereignty and proof of the complete failure of the unilateral sanctions imposed by Washington on Cuba for over half a century.
The regional body called for the immediate lifting of the inhumane, unjust and illegal U.S. blockade against the Cuban people and the return of the territory illegally occupied by the United States in the eastern province of Guantanamo.
- Welcome to a new edition of the Jazz Place
- Minister Bruno Rodríguez: No Cuban family has escaped the impact of the US blockade
- RHC's national and international news stories Nov. 6
- Successive US administrations have sought to suffocate the Cuban economy for purely political reasons
- Washington’s hostile Cuba policy amounts to a fierce economic, trade and financial blockade
- RHC's national and international news stories Nov. 5
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 4738
- today: 907
- online: 141
- total: 6771463