Caracas, July 21 (RHC)-- The Bolivarian Alliance for the Peoples of Our America-People's Trade Treaty -- ALBA-TCP -- has welcomed the restoration of diplomatic relations between Cuba and the United States, following the reopening of embassies in both capitals.
In a statement released yesterday, the integrationist bloc highlights the historical event as a victory for the Cuban people in their struggle for sovereignty and proof of the complete failure of the unilateral sanctions imposed by Washington on Cuba for over half a century.
The regional body called for the immediate lifting of the inhumane, unjust and illegal U.S. blockade against the Cuban people and the return of the territory illegally occupied by the United States in the eastern province of Guantanamo.
- 16th Summit of ALBA Heads of State and Government held in Havana
- Havana becomes the capital of regional integration once again
- The bigger they are the harder they fall!
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- U.S. scholar: regarding the health incidents, Cuba has acted in an honorable, legal manner, whereas the United States has not
- Cuba-CARICOM Day celebrated in Havana
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3374
- today: 1662
- online: 137
- total: 5447966