Havana, August 11 (RHC-PL) -- The restoration of diplomatic relations between Cuba and the United States is another important victory for the Cuban Revolution, said Ecuador's ambassador to Havana, Edgar Ponce.
Ponce made the remarks on Monday after participating in a ceremony at the Monument erected to General Eloy Alfaro, on the occasion of the 206th anniversary of the First Independence Declaration of Ecuador.
This milestone, the ambassador said, has been possible due to the long struggle of the Cuban people for respect and dignity.
On behalf of the government and the Ecuadorian people, the diplomat expressed his congratulations to the historic leader of the Cuban Revolution, Fidel Castro, who will celebrate his 89th birthday on Thursday, August 13th.
- Sao Paulo Forum pledges regional unity and integration
- Dilma Rousseff: Lula is our hope
- Trump announces that he will seek re-election
- Fidel Castro: Neoliberalism is nobody's alternative
- Ralph Gonsalves urges regional unity toward peace and sustainable development
- RHC's Mailbag Show
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3400
- today: 1327
- online: 115
- total: 4929030