Havana, August 11 (RHC-PL) -- The restoration of diplomatic relations between Cuba and the United States is another important victory for the Cuban Revolution, said Ecuador's ambassador to Havana, Edgar Ponce.
Ponce made the remarks on Monday after participating in a ceremony at the Monument erected to General Eloy Alfaro, on the occasion of the 206th anniversary of the First Independence Declaration of Ecuador.
This milestone, the ambassador said, has been possible due to the long struggle of the Cuban people for respect and dignity.
On behalf of the government and the Ecuadorian people, the diplomat expressed his congratulations to the historic leader of the Cuban Revolution, Fidel Castro, who will celebrate his 89th birthday on Thursday, August 13th.
- President Raúl Castro Meets with Visiting Counterpart from Serbia
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- Protests and Repression Continue in Argentina
- Cuba Renews Its Solidarity with Venezuela at ALBA-TCP Political Council
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- Cuban Parliament President Esteban Lazo Meets with Serbian President
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3914
- today: 3453
- online: 178
- total: 4107563