Port-au-Prince, August 25 (RHC)-- A group of 23 Haitian youths will soon travel to Cuba to take medicine, engineering, economy and other higher education courses as part of permanent Cuban collaboration with that sister Caribbean nation.
Haiti's State Secretary Henry Robert Sterlin stressed the importance of education for his country during a ceremony at the Foreign Ministry, attended by the students.
Education Minister Nesmy Manigat called on the students to thanked Cuba for its assistance and praised the role of the Cuban ambassador in Haiti Ricardo Garcia, who has contributed to boosting cooperation, particularly in education.
The Cuban diplomat recalled Havana's contribution to Haiti in training doctors, engineers and other professionals and he called on the new students to take their studies very serious and pay homage to the efforts made by both countries over the years.
- Cuba denounces maneuvers in Peru
- Cuban civil society thinks about America
- Cuban civil society debates agenda of upcoming Summit of the Americas
- Kenyan business executive says Cuba is a great place
- RHC's Regular Program DXERS UNLIMITED, with Professor Arnaldo 'Arnie' Coro
- Manipulated minds can equal secured votes
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3909
- today: 3594
- online: 130
- total: 4481183