Port-au-Prince, August 25 (RHC)-- A group of 23 Haitian youths will soon travel to Cuba to take medicine, engineering, economy and other higher education courses as part of permanent Cuban collaboration with that sister Caribbean nation.
Haiti's State Secretary Henry Robert Sterlin stressed the importance of education for his country during a ceremony at the Foreign Ministry, attended by the students.
Education Minister Nesmy Manigat called on the students to thanked Cuba for its assistance and praised the role of the Cuban ambassador in Haiti Ricardo Garcia, who has contributed to boosting cooperation, particularly in education.
The Cuban diplomat recalled Havana's contribution to Haiti in training doctors, engineers and other professionals and he called on the new students to take their studies very serious and pay homage to the efforts made by both countries over the years.
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- Cuba ratifies its unwavering support for Nicaragua
- Cuba renews its solidarity with Nicaragua
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- Cuban lawmakers studying draft of new Constitution
- Machado Ventura: Unity among the left and progressive forces is urgently needed these days
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3453
- today: 2295
- online: 117
- total: 4948592