Pretoria, September 9 (RHC)-- South African Father Michael Lapsley said lifting the blockade on Cuba and returning Guantánamo to the Cuban people are pending problems the U.S. government needs to resolve as soon as possible.
Lapsley, an Anglican priest and social justice activist, welcomed the re-establishment of bilateral diplomatic relations between Washington and Havana, and acknowledged Cuba's removal from the U.S. list of countries that presumably sponsor terrorism, but then stressed: “The journey won't be complete until the blockade is finally lifted and Guantánamo is returned to its legitimate owners.”
- U.S. congressional delegation wraps up visit to Cuba
- Activists urge protest actions to demand closure of Guantánamo Naval Base
- Argentina, in the claws of the vultures!
- RHC's Segment 'The Voice of José Martí'
- RHC's Mailbag Show
- Visiting US congressional delegation meets with President Raúl Castro, speaks to the media in Havana
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 4312
- today: 3325
- online: 123
- total: 4373650