United Nations, October 9 (RHC)-- Cuba called at the United Nations for international cooperation as a key tool to fight drug trafficking, terrorism, trafficking in persons and other crimes threatening the world community.
Prevention of crime is a priority task in today´s international reality. All countries, disregarding their social and economic characteristics, are vulnerable to different manifestations of these crimes, said Cuban diplomat Daylenis Moreno.
Speaking at a debate at the Third Commission of the UN General Assembly, the Cuban official stressed that no country is in condition to fight those crimes on its own and cooperation must take place on the basis of full respect for sovereignty, territorial integrity and in accord with national laws.
Moreno also drew attention to the impact by drugs on the planet by saying that out of all forms of international organized crime threatening humanity, none would be as serious as drug trafficking given its social and human cost.
The diplomat reiterated Cuba's position to fight drug-trafficking on the basis of a comprehensive, balanced and multi-disciplinary focus, in which international cooperation plays a key role.
- Cuba pledges continued use of ITs for social justice goals
- RHC's Music Program 'From Havana' (Duo Buena Fe)
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- Brazilians demand full investigation of Marielle Franco's assassination
- RHC's Regular Program DXERS UNLIMITED, with Professor Arnaldo 'Arnie' Coro
- Cuban leader congratulates Putin on winning presidential election
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3933
- today: 1576
- online: 135
- total: 4475256