Havana, November 9 (RHC-Granma)-- The 19th General Assembly of the World Federation of Democratic Youth (WFDY) began sessions Monday in the Cuban capital with the participation of more than 130 leaders, representing 70 youth organizations from over 35 countries the world over.
In statements to reporters, José Ángel Maury, head of foreign relations at the National Committee of Cuba's Young Communist League (UJC) said that in the framework of the assembly, the World Federation of Democratic Youth will pay homage to Cuban Revolution Leader Fidel Castro, in recognition of a life dedicated to the promotion of programs to meet the rights and needs of young people in Cuba and around the world.
The Havana meeting is aimed at evaluating the organization's work over the past four years and choose a new leadership. Over the next few days, the International Commission of the 10th UJC Congress will also hold sessions, focused on the role of youth in today's Cuban society.
- Cuba pledges continued use of ITs for social justice goals
- RHC's Music Program 'From Havana' (Duo Buena Fe)
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- Brazilians demand full investigation of Marielle Franco's assassination
- RHC's Regular Program DXERS UNLIMITED, with Professor Arnaldo 'Arnie' Coro
- Cuban leader congratulates Putin on winning presidential election
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3933
- today: 1590
- online: 132
- total: 4475270