Havana, January 9 (RHC-ACN)-- The latest issue of the digital magazine 'Report Colombia al Dia' highlighted Cuba's tourism growth in 2015, which, between January and November 2015, registered a 17.6% increase compared to the same period in 2014.
The specialized publication highlighted that Cuba welcomed three million 139,764 foreign visitors over those eleven months, with Canada again as the main source of foreign tourists to Cuba, followed by Germany, France, the United Kingdom and Italy, in that order. The Colombian magazine explains that the current tourism boom in Cuba coincides with the new scenario, marked by the re-establishment of diplomatic ties with the United States, from where 147,401 travelers arrived on the island between January and mid-December, 2015.
The Cuban Website Cubasi, for its part, noted that in 2014 the island received over three million foreign tourists, and the sector contributed about 2.7 billion dollars to the country's economy.
- Cuban President winds up government visit to Santiago de Cuba
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- Cuba insists Washington is manipulating diplomat health incidents
- President Miguel Díaz-Canel congratulates Cuban journalists on Cuban Press Day
- Expert: Title III of Helms-Burton aims to limit Cuba’s access to foreign capital sources
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3541
- today: 2828
- online: 154
- total: 5762193