Caracas, March 5 (RHC)-- First Vice President Miguel Diáz-Canel is in Venezuela, heading the country's delegation paying homage to Bolivarian leader, the late Hugo Chavez, on the 3rd anniversary of his death.
An official note by the Cuban government says that Díaz- Canel is accompanied by Rogelio Sierra, Deputy Foreign Minister and Cuba's Ambassador in Caracas, Rogelio Polanco.
On Friday, Venezuelan Foreign Minister Delcy Rodríguez also confirmed the participation of Presidents Evo Morales of Bolivia, Daniel Ortega of Nicaragua and Salvador Sánchez Cerén of El Salvador in the ceremony on Saturday afternoon at the Cuartel de la Montaña, that holds Chavez' mortal remains.
Hugo Chavez was a close friend of Revolution leader Fidel Castro, who once called Chavez ‘the Cuban people's best friend.’
Cuba and Venezuela have enjoyed strong cooperation ties in sectors like health, education, culture and trade.
Havana and Caracas have also implemented numerous cooperation programs to help other peoples in need. The Operation Miracle free-eye surgery program, is run jointly be Cuba and Venezuela. Through this program millions of low-income people in Latin America, the Caribbean and beyond have improved or restored their vision.
- Fidel Castro: “I'm not important. It is the six million Cubans back home that follow this visit who matter to me"
- Eusebio Leal: the public debate on the draft of constitution allows for advancing towards a stronger, more united nation
- Cuban-American: our participation in the constitutional reform process can help us find the way to talk with just one voice
- Cuban-Americans need to put pressure on their senators and congresspeople to change U.S.-policy towards Cuba
- Cubans living abroad will have a say in writing Constitution
- Manuel Zelaya: We are here to defend regional peoples, their conquests and their rights
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3624
- today: 1515
- online: 120
- total: 5035410