Havana, July 5 (RHC)--Caribbean Community representatives in Havana spoke highly of cooperation links with Cuba, and thanked the island's assistance in various fields.
During a ceremony celebrating the 43 anniversary of the establishment of the regional bloc, Guyanese ambassador to Cuba, Halim Majeed, recalled that bilateral ties between many of the Caribbean nations and Cuba existed before the formation of the Community, and that countries like Jamaica and Trinidad and Tobago had, jointly, been among the first to break what he called an imposed diplomatic blockade against Cuba.
The Guyanese diplomat thanked Cuba for the help extended his people in areas like healthcare and education and special care for the disabled, the latter a program that he said was moving along well.
- Cuban lawmakers studying draft of new Constitution
- Machado Ventura: Unity among the left and progressive forces is urgently needed these days
- Miguel Díaz-Canel: It is our duty to defend Our Americas
- RHC's Mailbag Show
- RHC's Segment 'The Voice of José Martí'
- Sao Paulo Forum pledges regional unity and integration
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 4070
- today: 3634
- online: 128
- total: 4935407