Havana, October 30 (RHC)-- Prestigious experts from Cuba, Chile, Puerto Rico, Argentina, Luxembourg, Peru, Russia and Mexico participate in the 8th International Conference on Health Psychology, which opened Monday, October 30th, in Havana and runs through November 3rd.
The event focuses on psychological and behavioral processes in health, illness, and health care.
Delegates include Dr. Juan José Sánchez Sosa, with the Autonomous University of Mexico (UNAM), and chief editor of the Latin American Journal on Behavioral Medicine -- a broadly conceived interdisciplinary publication devoted to furthering understanding of physical health and illness through the knowledge and techniques of behavioral science.
Delegates are debating the role of psychology in the patient's wellbeing, quality of life, family and community health, chronic and degenerative diseases, among others.
The event is being organized by the Cuban Society of Health Psychology, the National Council on Health Scientific Societies and the Havana-based School of Medical Sciences.
- U.S. congressional delegation wraps up visit to Cuba
- Activists urge protest actions to demand closure of Guantánamo Naval Base
- Argentina, in the claws of the vultures!
- RHC's Segment 'The Voice of José Martí'
- RHC's Mailbag Show
- Visiting US congressional delegation meets with President Raúl Castro, speaks to the media in Havana
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 4531
- today: 3619
- online: 124
- total: 4369632