Cuban Tourism Minister, Manuel Marrero, and the rector of the University of Havana, Gustavo Correiro, inaugurated the new facilities of the Faculty of Tourism located on the corner of G and 23rd Streets in Vedado, a Havana neighborhood near the University of Havana campus.
During the ceremony, the rector of the University explained that the investment totals more than one million pesos, while the head of the Cuban tourism sector said that the repairs of the premises is a tribute to all the generations of professionals graduated from the institution.
"The mission students have is getting prepared as professionals. This new scenario for tourism, which will undoubtedly be more integrated with all tourism branches including the university, demands this from our students. With the faculty growing by 17%, its a good time for tourism investment and for tourism growth. We have implemented a specific strategy of development in the City of Havana where a very high demand continues to grow and where several hotels are being built."
Participants at the ceremony pointed to the growing importance of tourism for Cuba's national economy and encouraged more students to join the ranks of those who take courses connected with tourism.
- Cuban President Miguel Díaz-Canel receives WHO and PAHO directors
- U.S. activist: Unity, the most important five-letter word in the Cuban Revolution
- RHC's Regular Program DXERS UNLIMITED, with Professor Arnaldo 'Arnie' Coro
- WHO director-general: Cuba is an example for many countries
- Evo Morales ratifies Bolivia's support for Cuba
- Bolivian president Evo Morales begins official visit
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 4121
- today: 1447
- online: 105
- total: 4610373