European Commission Seeks to Ban Plastic Plates, Cutlery and Straws. Photo: AFP
Brussels, June 5 (RHC)-- The European Commission is seeking to ban an array of single-use plastic items, including plastic plates, cutlery and straws, in efforts to cut down on waste and clean up the oceans.
The European Commission unveiled the draft rules this week, which will require the approval of the European Parliament and all EU member states.
The EU estimates that the ban would prevent 22 billion euros’ worth of damage to the environment and prevent 3.4 million tons of carbon emissions.
- U.S. Republican lawmakers favor agricultural trade between Cuba and the United States
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- Terrible week in Guatemala
- Colombians in awe due to threat of disaster at hidroituango dam
- Cuba condemns OAS' interference in Venezuela's internal affairs
- U.S. imperialism has not succeeded in destroying Puerto Rican nationalism
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3919
- today: 1438
- online: 132
- total: 4836091