European Commission Seeks to Ban Plastic Plates, Cutlery and Straws. Photo: AFP
Brussels, June 5 (RHC)-- The European Commission is seeking to ban an array of single-use plastic items, including plastic plates, cutlery and straws, in efforts to cut down on waste and clean up the oceans.
The European Commission unveiled the draft rules this week, which will require the approval of the European Parliament and all EU member states.
The EU estimates that the ban would prevent 22 billion euros’ worth of damage to the environment and prevent 3.4 million tons of carbon emissions.
- Cuban president begins two-day working visit to Camagüey
- MarCuba 2018: time to turn the tide and change direction towards protecting the oceans
- Havana gears up to host Cuba's main trade event
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- Migrant caravan moves north towards U.S.-Mexico Border
- Homero Acosta: The Cuban Communist Party must abide by the Constitution and uphold it
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3214
- today: 544
- online: 103
- total: 5253094