European Commission Seeks to Ban Plastic Plates, Cutlery and Straws. Photo: AFP
Brussels, June 5 (RHC)-- The European Commission is seeking to ban an array of single-use plastic items, including plastic plates, cutlery and straws, in efforts to cut down on waste and clean up the oceans.
The European Commission unveiled the draft rules this week, which will require the approval of the European Parliament and all EU member states.
The EU estimates that the ban would prevent 22 billion euros’ worth of damage to the environment and prevent 3.4 million tons of carbon emissions.
- Cuban president rejects U.S. interference
- Cuban scholar: the Trump administration will fail because they do not understand Cuba's reality
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- In Brazil, weapons may be freely used
- Cuba warns Title III of Helms-Burton would violate international law and trade norms
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3346
- today: 2326
- online: 150
- total: 5553442