11th Congress on Marine Sciences underway in Havana. Photo: Granma
Havana, October 15 (RHC)-- Experts from Latin America, Europe and the United States have begun meeting today in the Cuban capital for the 11th Congress of Marine Sciences. The congress -- with the participation of biologists, zoologists and oceanographers -- will run through Friday at Havana's International Convention Center, the Palacio de Convenciones.
Delegates from Cuba as well as Mexico, Colombia, Costa Rica, Chile and Portugal, will discuss maritime protection and the proper care of the species that inhabit the waters of the planet.
With the slogan "The sciences of today for the coasts and the sea of the future," participants will debate topics such as climate change, human impacts linked to risk management, conservation and biodiversity, as well as maritime-recreational development.
- Cuban president meets with Belize's prime minister
- Bolivian ambassador: division among regional countries only serves the imperialist, hegemonic interests of the United States
- Foreign minister: protecting the interests, well-being and personal integrity of Cubans will continue to be priorities of our country’s foreign policy
- RHC's segment 'The Voice of José Martí'
- RHC's Mailbag Show
- CEPAL: extreme poverty grows in Latin America and the Caribbean
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3224
- today: 3081
- online: 124
- total: 5540858