The average annual temperature in Cuba in 2019 was the highest reported since 1951, reaching 1.1 degrees Celsius above the historic average of 25.5, reported the Climate Center of the Meteorology Institute.
The agency said that warm anomalies occurred in all months, mainly in February, April, May, June and October, while June, July, August and September were the warmest for the period mentioned, with average temperatures above 28 degrees Celsius.
There were a total of 33 absolute records of maximum temperatures in different locations of the archipelago, highlighting the establishment of a new national heat record of 39.1 degrees Celsius at the Veguitas weather station, Granma province, last June 30.
Such behavior ratifies the trend of increasing temperature observed in Cuba over the last 60 years.
- RHC's national and international news stories Feb.20
- Cuban diplomat unmasks US agents before EU Parliament
- Imperialism and Revolution Episode #27
- RHC's special broadcast on the Cuban health system and the country's international health cooperation
- RHC's national and international news stories Feb.17
- RHC's scientific and medical review
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 8346
- today: 7680
- online: 195
- total: 7328232