Lizt Alfonso Dance Cuba will have a year of celebrations to mark its 25th anniversary as of October with shows, exhibitions, tours and videos.
The statement was made by company director, maestra Lizt Alfonso, at a brunch with the press at the Sevilla Hotel. Top on the celebrations agenda: the show 25 years on stage at Havana’s Karl Marx Theater from October 15 through 23rd.
US based Colombian photographer, Eduardo Patiño, who took the picture in the company’s logo today, is holding a photo exhibit titled Havana-New York-Habana, featuring pictures of the fusion dance ensemble in the United States, at its headquarters and others parts of Havana. The pictures will be on display at the famous Cuban theater as of October 15th. In late October and November Lizt Alfonso Dance Cuba will again be touring the United States with the show Cuba Vibra!. The tour includes cities, such as Chicago, Detroit, Atlanta, Lewistown, Sheboygan, Statesville and San Luis Obispo.
In December the troupe has prepared a special show that will feature the company’s different age groups and generations of dancers, from workshops beginners, the children’s and teenaged ballets to the adult company. The show 1,2,3 … Todos a escena! is set to be staged at Havana’s Nacional Theater in December. A video clip showing Lizt Alfonso Dance Cuba’s work, its 25-year- efforts and determination to continue working will also be premiered shortly on Cuban Television.
- Welcome to a new edition of the Jazz Place
- Minister Bruno Rodríguez: No Cuban family has escaped the impact of the US blockade
- RHC's national and international news stories Nov. 6
- Successive US administrations have sought to suffocate the Cuban economy for purely political reasons
- Washington’s hostile Cuba policy amounts to a fierce economic, trade and financial blockade
- RHC's national and international news stories Nov. 5
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 4088
- today: 4187
- online: 180
- total: 6640022