Musicians, students and professors from the US University of Richmond, Virginia, and the State University of Pennsylvania will perform at the opening of the 31st Concierto Santiago Festival along with their Cuban colleagues and partners from the eastern city’s Esteban Salas Music School.
The concert, set for the Dolores Concert Hall in Santiago de Cuba, includes a repertoire based on a fusion of American jazz, Cuban music and their African influences.
Richmond University Cuban Music Department Director, maestro Mike Davidson, and his Cuban counterpart, Daniel Guzmán, will conduct the US and Cuban orchestra.
Concierto Santiago is organized by the provincial branch of the Cuban Writers and Artists Association –UNEAC- and will also be held at the University of Oriente and pays homage to National Literature Award Winner Nancy Morejón.
- Cuban President winds up government visit to Santiago de Cuba
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- Cuba insists Washington is manipulating diplomat health incidents
- President Miguel Díaz-Canel congratulates Cuban journalists on Cuban Press Day
- Expert: Title III of Helms-Burton aims to limit Cuba’s access to foreign capital sources
NUMBER OF HITS/VISITORS
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3246
- today: 2602
- online: 161
- total: 5747516