Musicians, students and professors from the US University of Richmond, Virginia, and the State University of Pennsylvania will perform at the opening of the 31st Concierto Santiago Festival along with their Cuban colleagues and partners from the eastern city’s Esteban Salas Music School.
The concert, set for the Dolores Concert Hall in Santiago de Cuba, includes a repertoire based on a fusion of American jazz, Cuban music and their African influences.
Richmond University Cuban Music Department Director, maestro Mike Davidson, and his Cuban counterpart, Daniel Guzmán, will conduct the US and Cuban orchestra.
Concierto Santiago is organized by the provincial branch of the Cuban Writers and Artists Association –UNEAC- and will also be held at the University of Oriente and pays homage to National Literature Award Winner Nancy Morejón.
- Academic says denial of entry visas to Cuban scholars to participate in LASA Congress in the US was politically motivated
- Cuban top leaders meet with visiting North Korean Worker´s Party vice president
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- Minister Bruno Rodríguez: ALBA members must join forces to prevent a new imperialist military adventure in our region
- ALBA-TCP Political Council concerned about actions against regional peace and security
- RHC's Arts Roundup
NUMBER OF HITS/VISITORS
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3318
- today: 608
- online: 108
- total: 5954214