Havana, June 5 (RHC) –- Harold Hernandez, a young Cuban, won the Youth Prize and the Big Vermeil Medal for the collection entitled “De visita a la granja” (Visiting the Farm), presented during the Cuba International Cup Philately 2014, held at the Melia Habana Hotel in the Cuban capital.
Hernandez, along with other 44 collectors of 15 Iberian-American countries participated in the Cup collectively and individually.
First place by teams was occupied by Argentina, with 449 points, followed by Spain (444) and Brazil (434).
In the individual competition the Grand Prize and Big Gold Medal went to Argentinean Jorge Eduardo Moscatelli, for his collection “Correo Aereo Argentino (1912-1939)” (Argentinean Air Mail), while Cuban Hernandez walked away with the Youth Prize, as informed by the Grupo Empresarial Correos de Cuba.
Also winners of the Big Medal were Bolivian Martha Villarroel, with “Timbres de Bolivia,” and Costa Rican Alvaro Castro, who presented “Costa Rica Serie 1907.”
- Cuban lawmakers studying draft of new Constitution
- Machado Ventura: Unity among the left and progressive forces is urgently needed these days
- Miguel Díaz-Canel: It is our duty to defend Our Americas
- RHC's Mailbag Show
- RHC's Segment 'The Voice of José Martí'
- Sao Paulo Forum pledges regional unity and integration
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3670
- today: 2337
- online: 84
- total: 4941913