The 16th Boleros de Oro Festival kicked off in the eastern city of Santiago de Cuba with a concert in front of the house of late Cuban singer, Eva Griñán, on San Pedro Street.
Dedicated to this important Cuban performer, known as the Golden Voice due to her amazing vocal range, the first day of the fiesta of “bolero” (Cuban ballad) delighted audiences with “bolero” singers Esperancita Ibis, Farah María, Anaís Abreu, Waldo Mendoza, Miguel A. Júztiz and Marilis González.
The music genre emerged in Santiago de Cuba’s Bohemian nights in the second half of the 19th century, whose main figure was great guitarist, Pepe Sánchez.
This 16th Boleros de Oro Festival includes concerts and a theoretical event on the genre’s current trends, vitality and identity values.
The main venues are the Dolores Concert Hall, the Martí Theater and the courtyard at the Writers and Artists Association headquarters.
- President Raul Castro Congratulates Nicolas Maduro on PSUV´s Electoral Victory
- Council Members of the U.S. Cities of Tampa and St Petersburg Attend Business Forum in Cuba
- Confusion Prevails in Catalonia
- RHC's Regular Program DXERS UNLIMITED, with Professor Arnaldo 'Arnie' Coro
- World Food Program Praises Cuba's Record in Face of Natural Disasters
- Sochi Hosts World's Biggest Youth Event
NUMBER OF HITS/VISITORS
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 4823
- today: 1761
- online: 194
- total: 3835731