The Viola da Gamba Dojo Ensemble from New York will be on hand at the Second Academicum Tempus Festival organized by the old music group Ars Longa in February.
With the participation of Cuban music schools and other foreign guests, the event is aimed at strengthening and complementing the teaching of old musical instruments and the playing of old music repertoires. This edition’s venues will be Old Havana’s San Francisco de Paula concert hall and other music education centers, including the National Music School, the Higher Institute for the Arts, and the Alejandro García Caturla and Manuel Saumell Elementary Music Schools.
The festival will feature the performance of New York’s Viola da Gamba Dojo Ensemble and Canadian director, Thomas Gabrich, who will give concerts and workshops during the event, adding to the academic actions taken by the Arts Longa Old Music Group, the National Music School’s Baroque Orchestra and the Convivium Musicum academic program.
- Cuban president pays tribute to Comandante Juan Almeida
- XXI edition of the Habano Festival opens its doors
- RHC's every other weekly program Focus on Africa
- Ultra-right, very active in Spain's elections
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- Italian undersecretary of foreign affairs on official visit to Cuba
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3522
- today: 1623
- online: 124
- total: 5658636