The 14th Guillermo Barreto in Memoriam Drum Festival will get underway in the Cuban capital on March 3rd.
The African and Spanish roots that make up the island’s culture will be present at the gathering, represented by music and dance groups, such as Litz Alfonso Dance Cuba, Yoruba Andabo and the band Afrocuba of Matanzas. With a complex and encompassing program, the international festival is set to gather in Havana more than one thousand musicians interested in learning and boosting the importance of drums on the island’s culture and nationality.
The event includes a competition in the categories of battery, drums, “pailas”, bongos and “bata” drums. Foreign celebrities include Manuel Moreno of Venezuela; Memo Acevedo of the United States; Aldo Massa of Canada and Per Mathisen of Norway, plus Oliver Valdés, Enrique Pla, Ramsés Rodríguez and Rodney Barreto from Cuba.
- 16th Summit of ALBA Heads of State and Government held in Havana
- Havana becomes the capital of regional integration once again
- The bigger they are the harder they fall!
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- U.S. scholar: regarding the health incidents, Cuba has acted in an honorable, legal manner, whereas the United States has not
- Cuba-CARICOM Day celebrated in Havana
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3316
- today: 1904
- online: 135
- total: 5444834