The 14th Guillermo Barreto in Memoriam Drum Festival will get underway in the Cuban capital on March 3rd.
The African and Spanish roots that make up the island’s culture will be present at the gathering, represented by music and dance groups, such as Litz Alfonso Dance Cuba, Yoruba Andabo and the band Afrocuba of Matanzas. With a complex and encompassing program, the international festival is set to gather in Havana more than one thousand musicians interested in learning and boosting the importance of drums on the island’s culture and nationality.
The event includes a competition in the categories of battery, drums, “pailas”, bongos and “bata” drums. Foreign celebrities include Manuel Moreno of Venezuela; Memo Acevedo of the United States; Aldo Massa of Canada and Per Mathisen of Norway, plus Oliver Valdés, Enrique Pla, Ramsés Rodríguez and Rodney Barreto from Cuba.
- RHC's Regular Program DXERS UNLIMITED, with Professor Arnaldo 'Arnie' Coro
- Cuban leader congratulates Putin on winning presidential election
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- Vladimir Putin will lead Russia through 2024
- Cuba supports projects to address climate change across Caribbean region
- Kenyan president inaugurates his country's embassy in Cuba
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3491
- today: 3604
- online: 125
- total: 4469581