The Voices of The World Festival or Voces del mundo orchestrated by the office of maestro Leo Brouwer continues in Havana until the 18th. of October. Here is the schedule for this week and the beginning of the weekend:
On Thursday the 1st. of October at 8.30 pm the Martí Theatre in Old Havana presents Klagenleider, canciones de lamento, with countertenor Rodrigo Ferreira and the Ensemble Desmarest under the direction of organist Ronan Khalil. They will perform works by Henry Purcell, Dietrich Buxtehude and other classic work for countertenor.
On Friday the 2nd. of October at 8.30 pm the Martí Theater in Old Havana presents On the wings of a song or En las alas de una cancion with the Asteria Ensemble featuring Sytse Buwalda, alto, Ferdinand Binnendijk, mandolin, and Saskia Spinder, guitar. They will play works by Mendelssohn and Schubert.
On Saturday the 3rd. of October at Havana’s Chuch of the Holy Spirit on 161 Calle Acosta at 6 pm there will be a concert presented by the various choruses and orchestras of Havana featuring the work of Esteban Salas and Laureano Fuentes. Salas’ Stabat Mater Dolorsa will see its world premier.
- President Raul Castro Congratulates Nicolas Maduro on PSUV´s Electoral Victory
- Council Members of the U.S. Cities of Tampa and St Petersburg Attend Business Forum in Cuba
- Confusion Prevails in Catalonia
- RHC's Regular Program DXERS UNLIMITED, with Professor Arnaldo 'Arnie' Coro
- World Food Program Praises Cuba's Record in Face of Natural Disasters
- Sochi Hosts World's Biggest Youth Event
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 4823
- today: 3375
- online: 234
- total: 3837345