BBC’s Creative Director, Alan Yentob, says that the British TV network is working with Cuban Ballet dancer, Carlos Acosta, on a series of films on the Cuban island nation.
The BBC executive told the Independent that it’s also working with renowned musician, Mick Jagger and movie director, Julien Temple on the films.Yentob said that BBC is making a movie on a new stage of Carlos Acosta’s life: his announced intention to set up a new dance company in his natal Cuba, after retiring from the Royal Ballet in the 2015-2016 season of Carmen at the Royal Opera House, Covent Garden.
Yentob said that Temple traveled to Havana with Jagger for a long term project to film a series based on cities for the BBC1 show Imagine. The host of Imagine has highlighted that he hopes to capture all the magic of a Rolling Stone concert in Havana next year during the band’s South American tour.
- 16th Summit of ALBA Heads of State and Government held in Havana
- Havana becomes the capital of regional integration once again
- The bigger they are the harder they fall!
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- U.S. scholar: regarding the health incidents, Cuba has acted in an honorable, legal manner, whereas the United States has not
- Cuba-CARICOM Day celebrated in Havana
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3316
- today: 1825
- online: 150
- total: 5444755