Havana, November 9 (RHC-ACN)-- The Director of the Marabana/Maracuba project, Carlos Gattorno told ACN that over 900 foreigners have registered to participate in the event of which 307 will be present in the marathon race.
He also explained that those that have registered represent over 50 countries, including the United States with over 370 runners and over 40 from Mexico, Spain, Uruguay, Germany and France.
Among some of the elements of interests in the 31st edition of Marabana is that Air France will award the winner of the men and women’s division.
According to Gattorno the winners of that distance will be awarded with their participation in the Paris marathon with all the registration, lodging and air tickets paid for.
There was a record number of participants in 2016 with over four thousand 700, including over one thousand 800 foreign runners.
- Cuban president calls for sensitivity in facing damage from Hurricane Michael
- Fidel Castro: Our enemies' hatred grows as our Revolution strengthens
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- Good news from Guatemala
- President Miguel Díaz-Canel says 150 years later Cuban Revolution is the same and so are its challenges
- Cuba: The Revolution that began 150 years ago lives on today
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3883
- today: 1825
- online: 125
- total: 5244140