Cuban MSc. and eighth degree black belt Ronaldo Veitia. File photo
Havana, May 17 (RHC)-- Cuban MSc. and eighth degree black belt Ronaldo Veitia received news that he will be inducted to the International Judo Federation (IJF) Hall of Fame during the Baku 2018 World Championship in September.
He shares this recognition with his wife Mercedes, his children and grandchildren and all the athletes he trained for 30 years as head coach of the Cuban women's national judo team, many of them multiple Olympic, World, Pan-American and Central-American and Caribbean medalists.
The news surprised him in Mexico, where he was invited to a congress, and was told by Marius Vizer, IJF president.
Veitia will be the 31st member and the third Cuban in the IJF Hall of Fame, the others, Hector Rodriguez and Driulis Gonzalez (the most successful among Veitia´s pupils), were recognized in 2013 and 2015, respectively.
- U.S. Republican lawmakers favor agricultural trade between Cuba and the United States
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- Terrible week in Guatemala
- Colombians in awe due to threat of disaster at hidroituango dam
- Cuba condemns OAS' interference in Venezuela's internal affairs
- U.S. imperialism has not succeeded in destroying Puerto Rican nationalism
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3919
- today: 1425
- online: 134
- total: 4836078