Tallinn, August 18 (RHC)-- One of the new Cuban talents of Greco-Roman wrestling, Gabriel Rosillo, graps the Gold in the World Youth Championship in Tallinn (Estonia), winning in the final of the 97th division kg to German Patrick Neumaier.
In the fight for the Gold, he showed superiority over his rival and won 8-0. For the new phenomenon of the Cuban Greco-Roman wrestling, it was his fourth victory in a row in the tournament, just a few days after also being unbeaten at the Pan American Games in Lima, Peru.
In Tallinn, the 20-year-old from Santiago de Cuba overwhelmed all his rivals, to the point that he scored 36 points and only allowed one against. He successfully opened against the Chinese Houzhi Hao (8-0), then beat the Hungarian Alex Gergo (9-1) and in the semifinals the Turkish Beytullah Kayisdag (9-0).
Although he still has to compete in the adult World Cup (September in Kazakhstan), Rosillo has had a dream 2019 and is emerging as a strong candidate for the Rookie of the Year distinction in Cuban sports.
- RHC´s English language broadcast for July 03, 2020
- COVID-19 Media Briefing update for July 2, 2020
- RHC´s English language broadcast for July 02, 2020
- COVID-19 Media Briefing for June 30, 2020
- RHC´s English language broadcast for June 30, 2020
- RHC´s English language broadcast for June 29, 2020
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 6007
- today: 632
- online: 145
- total: 8261016