Havana, September 3 (RHC) – The Cuban Boxing Federation informed on Monday that the athlete Jose Angel Larduet had abandoned the training camp the Cuban National team is having in Germany, as preparation for the upcoming World Championship to be held in Yekaterinburg, Germany, from September 9 to September 21.
``He was selected for competing in the +91kg division, Larduet walked out that commitment and left in 7 the number of athletes of the team, a team that criticized Larduet´s attitude and have ratified the aim of fighting tirelessly to maintain the results obtained in the previous competition´´. Reads a note the Cuban Boxing Federation sent to the media.
The team, coached by Rolando Acebal, completed on Monday its 7th training day in Berlin, and they will fly from that city, on September 7, to Yekaterinburg, city that will host the event. In this edition of the World Boxing Championship, will competed an estimated number of 450 boxers from 87 different countries.
- RHC's national and international news stories Jan. 17
- President Diaz-Canel: Trump Administration blames others for its flaws in foreign policy
- Artists attending 35th edition of Jazz Plaza come from around the world
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- Visit Cuba
- Notes on the Revolution / Column #58
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 11159
- today: 11070
- online: 170
- total: 7052600