Havana, September 11 (RHC) - Led by the several-time Olympic and World Wrestling champion Mijain Lopez, a group of Cuban wrestlers signed contracts, on Tuesday, with wrestling clubs of the German Bundesliga.
In the lobby of Ciudad Deportiva in Havana, Lopez (+130kg) and World Champion Yowlys Bonne (61kg) signed their contracts with the Club Ringen GMBH. "Being with the Ringen is an opportunity to keep showing the conditions of Cuban wrestling", said Bonne to JIT.
"Before we start competing in the German Bundesliga circuit, we will be at the World Championship in Nur Sultan, Kazajstan, from September 14 to September 22", added Bonne.
With the Germania Sportbertriesbs GMBH will be Daniel Gregorich (87kg),Oscar Pino (130kg), Reinieri Andreu (57kg), Luis Orta, Javier Dumenigo and Alejandro Valdes. Every contract was signed by the President of the Cuban Wrestling Federation, Luis de la Portilla.
- RHC's national and international news stories
- NOTES ON THE REVOLUTION / Column 7
- Attacks on Saudi Arabia sparks tension in the Middle East
- RHC's national and international news stories Sept. 17
- Havana to host Anti-imperialist Meeting of Solidarity, for Democracy and against Neoliberalism
- RHC's program 'Connecting the dots'
NUMBER OF HITS/VISITORS
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3981
- today: 3895
- online: 134
- total: 6375938