Havana, (RHC) Sports schools all over Cuba will stop their activities this Tuesday, March 24, with the aim of intensifying measures to combat the spread of COVID-19.
The decision comes from the general framework imposed in the country, consisting of the suspension of classes until at least April 20, a period that could be extended depending on the existing epidemiological situation.
Prime Minister Manuel Marrero Cruz said on the Mesa Redonda radio and television programme that many people consider school to be a safe place, but others raised concerns about hygiene and overcrowding in some schools.
He then pointed out that, in view of these criteria, and after the necessary analysis and consultations, it was decided to suspend classes for the next three weeks, in addition to the previously scheduled break.
Inder authorities indicated to JIT that the measure applies to all schools and facilities of the sports system, from the base to the central structure.
They also explained that the transfer of students will be carried out progressively from this Tuesday, and that in the next few days more information will be provided about this process and about the preparation of high-performance athletes.
- COVID-19 Media Briefing by Dr. Francisco Duran June 1, 2020
- RHC´s English language broadcast for June 01, 2020
- COVID-19 Media Briefing by Dr. Francisco Duran May 31, 2020
- RHC´s English language broadcast for May 31 , 2020
- RHC´s English language broadcast for May 30 , 2020
- RHC´s English language broadcast for May 29 , 2020
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 6758
- today: 2280
- online: 451
- total: 8067339