Washington, September 14 (RHC)-- In news from the U.S. presidential campaign trail, Hillary Clinton released her latest tax returns, showing she and her husband Bill Clinton earned $10.6 million in 2015.
The returns from the IRS, the Internal Revenue Service, show that more than half the income came from speeches. They apparently paid an effective tax rate of 35 percent.
Between 2007 to 2015, the Clinton's -- Bill and Hillary -- have made $150 million. Clinton's running mate, Virginia Senator Tim Kaine, also released his returns. He and his wife reportedly made $313,000 in 2015.
This comes as Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump continues to refuse to release his tax returns, citing an audit.
Now, a series of tax experts quoted in a recent New York Times piece headlined "Zero Dollars" say it's possible Trump pays no income taxes at all, given the vast array of tax loopholes available to real estate developers.
- U.S. congressional delegation wraps up visit to Cuba
- Activists urge protest actions to demand closure of Guantánamo Naval Base
- Argentina, in the claws of the vultures!
- RHC's Segment 'The Voice of José Martí'
- RHC's Mailbag Show
- Visiting US congressional delegation meets with President Raúl Castro, speaks to the media in Havana
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3864
- today: 1862
- online: 91
- total: 4379848