Havana, November 29 (RHC-ACN)-- Russian Foreign Minister Serguei Lavrov and military chiefs Fiodor Ladiguin and Alexander Staravoitov in Moscow have described the influence of late Cuban leader Fidel Castro on the history of humanity, Prensa Latina News Agency reported.
After signing the book of condolences placed at the Cuban diplomatic mission in the Russian capital, Foreign Minister Lavrov said: “Fidel Castro made a great contribution to guarantee the presence of morale in the international arena, something that the world lacks these days."
The Russian official stressed that Fidel was a champion of universal values such as freedom, truth and justice.
Colonel-General Ladiguin, former head of the Russian General Staff, said that Fidel is of world stature and one of the greatest politicians of the 20th and 21st centuries.
He affirmed that he had the opportunity to meet at least 10 times with Fidel, whom he considered an extraordinary man and a visionary.
Army General Staravoitov, former head of the Federal Communications Agency of the Russian Government, described Fidel as a beacon of light and hope for all the revolutionaries and honest people of the world, one of a few world leaders capable of inspiring his, as well as present and future generations in Cuba and around the world.
- Spain and Cuba for expanded relations and cooperation
- Cuban scholar: The blockade is a whole system of laws, regulations and restrictions passed by the US government
- RHC's Scientific and Medical Report
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- Cuban president begins two-day working visit to Camagüey
- MarCuba 2018: time to turn the tide and change direction towards protecting the oceans
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3752
- today: 432
- online: 108
- total: 5259960