London, March 22 (RHC-Agencies)-- London's Metropolitan Police said an attack near the Houses of Parliament in which an assailant apparently plowed a car into pedestrians and an officer was stabbed has been declared a terrorist incident.
There are a number of casualties including police officers, police said, adding that they cannot confirm numbers or the nature of the injuries.
A doctor at St. Thomas’ Hospital told BBC that one woman died and others were injured, including some people with “catastrophic” injuries.
The police said they have received several different reports including a person in the River Thames, a car involved in a collision with pedestrians and a man armed with a knife.
Eyewitnesses told BBC that someone driving a car on Westminster Bridge hit bystanders. Police said the incident on the Westminster Bridge was reported at about 2:40 p.m. local time.
Parliament was placed on a lockdown Wednesday. Police said additional officers are being deployed across London and asked the public to remain vigilant.
- President Raúl Castro Meets with Visiting Counterpart from Serbia
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- Protests and Repression Continue in Argentina
- Cuba Renews Its Solidarity with Venezuela at ALBA-TCP Political Council
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- Cuban Parliament President Esteban Lazo Meets with Serbian President
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3618
- today: 1242
- online: 175
- total: 4108970