Damascus, April 27 (RHC)-- An Israeli missile strike has caused a large explosion and fire near Damascus International Airport, according to a Syrian media report. The Sana news agency says that a fuel tank and warehouses were damaged in the overnight raid.
The Syrian Observatory for Human Rights, a UK-based monitoring group, reported that the powerful blast was heard across the capital at dawn on Thursday and that it was believed to have happened near the main road that leads to the airport.
In Tel Aviv, a statement issued by the Israeli regime said said the air strike was "consistent" with its policy to prevent what it called "Iran smuggling weapons to Hezbollah."
Syria's Sana news agency reported that several missiles had been fired at a site southwest of the airport, causing explosions that resulted in some material losses.
- U.S. Republican lawmakers favor agricultural trade between Cuba and the United States
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- Terrible week in Guatemala
- Colombians in awe due to threat of disaster at hidroituango dam
- Cuba condemns OAS' interference in Venezuela's internal affairs
- U.S. imperialism has not succeeded in destroying Puerto Rican nationalism
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3919
- today: 844
- online: 97
- total: 4835497