London, May 24 (RHC)-- In Britain, nearly 4,000 soldiers have been deployed nationwide in the wake of a suicide bombing that killed 22 people and injured dozens at a concert in Manchester on Monday night. The victims were mostly young girls and parents who had taken their daughters to the concert by American pop star Ariana Grande.
Authorities have identified the bombing suspect as Salman Abedi, a 22-year-old British man whose parents emigrated from Libya. Early this morning, police arrested three more people in Manchester as part of the investigation. ISIS has claimed responsibility for the attack.
Prime Minister Theresa May has announced that the threat level in the U.K. will be raised from severe to critical, indicating another attack may be imminent.
- RHC's Arts Roundup August 19
- RHC's national and international news stories August 17
- RHC's national and international news stories August-16
- RHC's Arts Roundup August 15
- RHC's national and international news stories August 15
- RHC's sports report TIME OUT August 15
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 2836
- today: 3102
- online: 145
- total: 6264232