Mogadishu, December 1 (RHC)-- In Somalia, an investigation by the website The Daily Beast provides new details on how U.S. Special Forces and Somali troops carried out a raid last August in which 10 people were shot dead -- including three children -- in a village near the capital Mogadishu.
The investigation found that U.S. soldiers fired on unarmed civilians, used unreliable intelligence and ordered their Somali counterparts to plant weapons by the bodies of the unarmed civilians they had just killed. The Daily Beast also reports that U.S. diplomats pressured Somalia’s government to bury the findings of its investigation into the killings.
- Welcome to a new edition of the Jazz Place
- Minister Bruno Rodríguez: No Cuban family has escaped the impact of the US blockade
- RHC's national and international news stories Nov. 6
- Successive US administrations have sought to suffocate the Cuban economy for purely political reasons
- Washington’s hostile Cuba policy amounts to a fierce economic, trade and financial blockade
- RHC's national and international news stories Nov. 5
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 0
- today: 2749
- online: 190
- total: 6625640