Leader of the Islamic Revolution Ayatollah Seyyed Ali Khamenei receives families on Iranian martyrs in Tehran, January 2, 2018. (Photo: Press TV)
Tehran, January 2 (RHC)-- The leader of the Islamic Revolution Ayatollah Seyyed Ali Khamenei says enemies have been using various tools to deal blows to the Iranian nation and the Islamic establishment in the course of the latest developments in the country.
“During the events of the past several days, Iran’s enemies, using the various tools at their disposal, including money, weapons, politics, and security apparatus, have allied [with one another] to create problems for the Islamic establishment,” the Leader said on Tuesday.
Ayatollah Khamenei, however, described “the spirit of courage, sacrifice and faith” in the Iranian nation as an obstacle in the way of the enemy.
The Leader made the remarks during an address to a weekly meeting with a number of martyrs' families. Ayatollah Khamenei referred to the woeful situation besetting certain West Asian and North African countries, which have been the target of foreign invasion.
The Leader commemorated the sacrifices made by Iranian soldiers who fought and lost their lives during the 1980-88 war with Iraq.
Had the enemy found its way into Iran during the eight-year war, “they would have had no mercy and a situation considerably worse than that of Libya and Syria would have been created for Iran,” Ayatollah Khamenei said.
- Ambassador: “Bolivia is the Consecration of Indigenous People's Dream of Liberation, Decolonization”
- Second Stage of General Elections Underway in Cuba
- Israel Throws New Challenge to the International Community
- Cuba Holds President Donald Trump Responsible for Setback in Bilateral Migratory Relations
- Pope Francisco Returns to Latin America
- Cuban and U.S. Representatives Hold Meeting on Cyber-security and the Fight against Cyber-crimes
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 4812
- today: 3799
- online: 217
- total: 4219893