Migrant children are being separated from their parents. Photo: Reuters
Washington, June 2 (RHC)-- In the United States, California Democratic Senator Dianne Feinstein is set to introduce a bill that would end the Donald Trump administration’s practice of separating immigrant children from their parents.
The legislation comes less than a month after Attorney General Jeff Sessions made this threat to migrants crossing the U.S.-Mexico border. Sessions said: “If you are smuggling a child, then we will prosecute you, and that child may be separated from you, as required by law.”
Since then, reports of babies torn from their mothers’ arms by ICE officers have drawn outrage and widespread calls for an end to the practice.
On Friday -- International Children's Day -- the ACLU, National Domestic Workers Alliance and other groups called a nonviolent national day of action for children, with protests in at least three dozen cities across the United States.
- COVID-19 Media Briefing by Dr. Francisco Duran June 3, 20200
- RHC´s English language broadcast for June 03, 2020
- RHC´s English language broadcast for June 02, 2020
- COVID-19 Media Briefing by Dr. Francisco Duran June 1, 2020
- RHC´s English language broadcast for June 01, 2020
- COVID-19 Media Briefing by Dr. Francisco Duran May 31, 2020
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 6701
- today: 3192
- online: 343
- total: 8081795