Trump says no end in sight to partial government shutdown. Photo: Press TV
Washington, December 28 (RHC)-- The U.S. federal government has entered a seventh day of a partial shutdown with no resolution in sight, as President Trump continues to demand billions of dollars in new funding for an expanded wall on the U.S.-Mexico border.
The shutdown has left some 800,000 federal employees either furloughed or working without pay during the Christmas holiday season.
Meanwhile, funding has expired for programs aimed at helping women who’ve survived domestic violence and sexual assault. The Violence Against Women Act expired last weekend as the government shutdown took hold, and its programs will remain unfunded unless, and until, Congress reauthorizes it.
- Victor Gaute: Cuba denounces the United States for adopting measures aimed at hindering everyday life in the Caribbean state
- Frei Betto: I believe the socialist project clearly corresponds to what Martí said when he spoke of Motherland as Humanity
- Notes on the Revolution / Column #61
- RHC's sports report TIME OUT
- Visit Cuba
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 9620
- today: 11591
- online: 169
- total: 7104304