Trump says no end in sight to partial government shutdown. Photo: Press TV
Washington, December 28 (RHC)-- The U.S. federal government has entered a seventh day of a partial shutdown with no resolution in sight, as President Trump continues to demand billions of dollars in new funding for an expanded wall on the U.S.-Mexico border.
The shutdown has left some 800,000 federal employees either furloughed or working without pay during the Christmas holiday season.
Meanwhile, funding has expired for programs aimed at helping women who’ve survived domestic violence and sexual assault. The Violence Against Women Act expired last weekend as the government shutdown took hold, and its programs will remain unfunded unless, and until, Congress reauthorizes it.
- RHC's Arts Roundup August 23
- RHC's national and international news stories August 22
- RHC's sports report TIME OUT August 22
- RHC's IMPERIALISM AND REVOLUTION August 22
- RHC's national and international news stories August 21
- RHC's sports report TIME OUT August 21
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3532
- today: 1027
- online: 103
- total: 6280233