Caracas, April 29 (RHC)-- Venezuelan Foreign Minister Jorge Arreaza denounced Colombian President Ivan Duque for preparing a new “false flag” operation by suggesting that the Venezuelan government is harboring rebel forces of the National Liberation Army (ELN).
Duque said an attack in the Colombian city of Saravena was planned by the ELN from Venezuelan soil and with government protection, to which Arreaza responded that it is in Colombia where violent groups have been born and operating for decades.
The Venezuelan government has repeatedly denounced false flag operations from Colombia, the United States and right-wing media in order to push for military intervention in Venezuela. According to Venezuela's top diplomat, the false flag operation consists of repeating a lie so many times until it is believed to be truth.
The Venezuelan foreign minister pointed to the case of burning of the U.S. “humanitarian aid” on the Colombian-Venezuelan border in late February that was blamed on the Venezuelan government.
- RHC's national and international news stories Jan. 28
- Yusuam Palacios: we must continue learning from José Martí to confront and overcome the problems humanity faces today
- RHC's program 'Connecting the dots'
- Notes on the Revolution / Column #62
- RHC's national and international news stories Jan. 27
- 75th anniversary of the liberation of Auschwitz: Ksenia Olkhova, a survivor of the Nazis concentration camp, shares her story
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 11930
- today: 5836
- online: 138
- total: 7122117