Washington, June 13 (RHC)-- A new report reveals the Barack Obama administration is pressuing local police departments to conceal information about powerful surveillance technology they are using to vacuum up cellphone data from entire neighborhoods.
The Associated Press reports that the White House has taken the unusual step of interfering in routine state public records requests and criminal trials to prevent information about the technology from getting out.
The secrecy surrounds equipment like "Stingray" spy devices, which trick cellphones into transmitting a user’s location and identifying information to police.
- Some 60 Countries to Attend Havana's International Trade Fair FIHAV
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- Cuba Helps Caribbean States Recover from Devastation Caused by Powerful Hurricanes
- RHC's Segment 'The Real Story'
- RHC's Interview with Patrick Manteiga, Editor and Publisher of La Gaceta Newspaper in Tampa
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 4037
- today: 4900
- online: 185
- total: 3861761