Baghdad, April 17 (RHC)-- Iraqi security forces battled militants with the self-proclaimed Islamic State Thursday inside Iraq’s largest oil refinery. The United States has been conducting airstrikes in the area around the Baiji refinery.
Meanwhile, a top Iraqi military official told the Associated Press Iraqi forces have managed to take control of an area south of the refinery, securing the towns of al-Malha and al-Mazraah.
The fierce fighting came as Iraqi Prime Minister Haider al-Abadi continued his visit to Washington, meeting with Vice President Joe Biden. Biden pledged to seek a "strategic partnership" with Iraq.
- Cuban historian: the public debate is a fundamental step in any constitutional reform process
- Cuban media follows closely the public debate on the draft Constitution
- Fidel Castro: “I'm not important. It is the six million Cubans back home that follow this visit who matter to me"
- Eusebio Leal: the public debate on the draft of constitution allows for advancing towards a stronger, more united nation
- Cuban-American: our participation in the constitutional reform process can help us find the way to talk with just one voice
- Cuban-Americans need to put pressure on their senators and congresspeople to change U.S.-policy towards Cuba
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3635
- today: 1099
- online: 116
- total: 5038629