Brasilia, August 18 (RHC)-- The ruling party in Brazil, the Workers Party, has called for a massive mobilization on Thursday, rallying in defense of democracy and the legitimate government of President Dilma Roussef.
In a statement issued yesterday, the Workers Party condemned the coup attempts from the right and called on all of its members to participate with the social movements, trade unions and left organizations in the rallies that will take place on the 20th of August all around the South American nation.
The leader of the Workers Party, Rui Falcao, proposed the organization of a national front that includes all progressive organizations and called on the Brazilian people to defend the structural reforms and the transformations in economic policies.
Members of the government party denounced an attack on the Municipal Directory in the city of Sao Paulo, making this the fourth attack this year on the headquarters of the political party.
- Cuban Parliament President Esteban Lazo Meets with Serbian President
- Widespread International Rejection of Donald Trump's Decision on Jerusalem
- ALBA-TCP General Secretary Highlights in Havana Importance of Unity among Latin American Peoples
- RHC's Interview with Puerto Rican Singer and Songwriter Pepe Sánchez (Part III)
- RHC's Interview with Puerto Rican Singer and Songwriter Pepe Sánchez (Part II)
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 4363
- today: 4326
- online: 178
- total: 4095889