Brasilia, August 18 (RHC)-- The ruling party in Brazil, the Workers Party, has called for a massive mobilization on Thursday, rallying in defense of democracy and the legitimate government of President Dilma Roussef.
In a statement issued yesterday, the Workers Party condemned the coup attempts from the right and called on all of its members to participate with the social movements, trade unions and left organizations in the rallies that will take place on the 20th of August all around the South American nation.
The leader of the Workers Party, Rui Falcao, proposed the organization of a national front that includes all progressive organizations and called on the Brazilian people to defend the structural reforms and the transformations in economic policies.
Members of the government party denounced an attack on the Municipal Directory in the city of Sao Paulo, making this the fourth attack this year on the headquarters of the political party.
- President Raul Castro Congratulates Nicolas Maduro on PSUV´s Electoral Victory
- Council Members of the U.S. Cities of Tampa and St Petersburg Attend Business Forum in Cuba
- Confusion Prevails in Catalonia
- RHC's Regular Program DXERS UNLIMITED, with Professor Arnaldo 'Arnie' Coro
- World Food Program Praises Cuba's Record in Face of Natural Disasters
- Sochi Hosts World's Biggest Youth Event
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 4823
- today: 3367
- online: 221
- total: 3837337