United Nations, December 8 (RHC)-- The United Nations has asked for $20 billion to respond to greatest mass displacement of people since World War II. This the largest appeal to address forced displacement that the United Nations has ever launched.
UN officials cited the wars in Syria, Iraq, Yemen and South Sudan as the major reasons there are nearly 60 million people forcibly displaced worldwide.
UN High Commissioner for Refugees António Guterres warns that at the present level of funding, the agency is "not able to provide even the very minimum in core protection and lifesaving assistance."
- Diaz Canel: No imperialist policy will deter Cuba
- Miguel Díaz-Canel: Unity is our Revolution's most formidable and powerful strength
- Cuba and Puerto Rico: Two wings of the same bird
- Four Bronze medals for Cuba in Judo Grand Prix
- RHC's scientific and medical review
- Cuban Parliament meets in full for 3rd Ordinary session of 9th Legislature
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3880
- today: 1274
- online: 104
- total: 6146305