Quito, February 12 (RHC)-- Ecuador’s Foreign Minister Ricardo Patiño has criticized British Prime Minister David Cameron for his response to the recent ruling by the United Nations regarding WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange.
Last week, Cameron branded the UN ruling as “ridiculous.” The United Nations declared that Assange’s three and a half year stay at the Ecuadorean embassy in London amounted to “arbitrary detention” by British and Swedish authorities.
The Ecuadorean foreign minister said: “Now, if Mr. Cameron believes the ruling is ridiculous, then to me, what I think is ridiculous is his reaction, which is disrespectful.”
- Raul Castro expresses full confidence in Miguel Diaz Canel
- Congratulations continue pouring in on election of Miguel Díaz-Canel as Cuba's President
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- Miguel Díaz-Canel Bermúdez elected Cuba's New President
- Cuba's new president ratifies continuity of revolutionary process begun in 1959
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 4081
- today: 1583
- online: 154
- total: 4595890