Quito, February 12 (RHC)-- Ecuador’s Foreign Minister Ricardo Patiño has criticized British Prime Minister David Cameron for his response to the recent ruling by the United Nations regarding WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange.
Last week, Cameron branded the UN ruling as “ridiculous.” The United Nations declared that Assange’s three and a half year stay at the Ecuadorean embassy in London amounted to “arbitrary detention” by British and Swedish authorities.
The Ecuadorean foreign minister said: “Now, if Mr. Cameron believes the ruling is ridiculous, then to me, what I think is ridiculous is his reaction, which is disrespectful.”
- Some 60 Countries to Attend Havana's International Trade Fair FIHAV
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- Cuba Helps Caribbean States Recover from Devastation Caused by Powerful Hurricanes
- RHC's Segment 'The Real Story'
- RHC's Interview with Patrick Manteiga, Editor and Publisher of La Gaceta Newspaper in Tampa
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 4211
- today: 3867
- online: 196
- total: 3856691