Damascus, February 18 (RHC)-- Syrian army forces have liberated a village in the northwestern Aleppo Province as they continue their fight against Takfiri militants operating in the country.
Army sources said on Thursday that security had been restored to the village of As Sin in the eastern countryside of Aleppo City. They also destroyed Daesh vehicles and fortifications in Tal Arbash, located some 30 kilometers east of Aleppo.
The advances come a day after Syrian army units launched an operation aimed at liberating more areas of eastern Aleppo. The Syrian military said its forces had recaptured the strategic town of Kansaba in the northern countryside of Latakia Province after clashes with militants.
- Cuban president begins two-day working visit to Camagüey
- MarCuba 2018: time to turn the tide and change direction towards protecting the oceans
- Havana gears up to host Cuba's main trade event
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- Migrant caravan moves north towards U.S.-Mexico Border
- Homero Acosta: The Cuban Communist Party must abide by the Constitution and uphold it
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3214
- today: 2610
- online: 169
- total: 5255160