Quito, February 18 (RHC)-- Ecuador's National Election Council is about to announce the date of the general elections next year, to elect the president, a vice president and the members of Parliament.
CNE President, Juan Pablo Pozo, said on Wednesday: “On Friday, as we promise we will disclose the election date, to provide legal safety and make the public head overseers of each of our steps.
Local Andes News Agency reports Pozo's confirmation that the CNE will follow an open-door policy, to ensure transparency and reliability.
Milton Paredes, president of the Institute for Democracy, told Prensa Latina, that this branch of the CNE will ensure that people will flock out to vote.
The mission of the Institute for Democracy, an academic arm of the CNE, is to reinforce mass attendance to the elections, hence our intention to motivate involvement in the poll, said Paredes.
- Venezuelan president Nicolás Maduro fulfills busy agenda in Cuba
- Raul Castro expresses full confidence in Miguel Diaz Canel
- Congratulations continue pouring in on election of Miguel Díaz-Canel as Cuba's President
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- Miguel Díaz-Canel Bermúdez elected Cuba's New President
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3594
- today: 2397
- online: 114
- total: 4600298