Quito, February 18 (RHC)-- Ecuador's National Election Council is about to announce the date of the general elections next year, to elect the president, a vice president and the members of Parliament.
CNE President, Juan Pablo Pozo, said on Wednesday: “On Friday, as we promise we will disclose the election date, to provide legal safety and make the public head overseers of each of our steps.
Local Andes News Agency reports Pozo's confirmation that the CNE will follow an open-door policy, to ensure transparency and reliability.
Milton Paredes, president of the Institute for Democracy, told Prensa Latina, that this branch of the CNE will ensure that people will flock out to vote.
The mission of the Institute for Democracy, an academic arm of the CNE, is to reinforce mass attendance to the elections, hence our intention to motivate involvement in the poll, said Paredes.
- Some 60 Countries to Attend Havana's International Trade Fair FIHAV
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- Cuba Helps Caribbean States Recover from Devastation Caused by Powerful Hurricanes
- RHC's Segment 'The Real Story'
- RHC's Interview with Patrick Manteiga, Editor and Publisher of La Gaceta Newspaper in Tampa
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 4211
- today: 3315
- online: 192
- total: 3856139