Havana, August 17 (RHC)--The general secretary of the Federation of Cuban Women, Teresa Amarelle, called for greater inclusion of females in the membership of the National Association of Small Farmers, which she considered a key sector in the economic life of the country.
In a meeting with representatives of the farming sector in the western Artemisa province, Amarelle said that women farmers have shown great entrepreneurial and creative spirit in their work at agricultural cooperatives throughout these years.
The meeting reviewed overall female participation in the farmers organization. It took note of the existence of more than three thousand women farmers in the Artemisa province alone.
- Fidel Castro: Neoliberalism is nobody's alternative
- Ralph Gonsalves urges regional unity toward peace and sustainable development
- RHC's Mailbag Show
- RHC's Regular Program DXERS UNLIMITED, with Professor Arnaldo 'Arnie' Coro
- Spain attempts to banish the ghost of the tyrant Franco
- Puerto Rico: the resistance movements in the 21st century colony
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 2531
- today: 1742
- online: 48
- total: 4926045