Havana, August 17 (RHC)--The general secretary of the Federation of Cuban Women, Teresa Amarelle, called for greater inclusion of females in the membership of the National Association of Small Farmers, which she considered a key sector in the economic life of the country.
In a meeting with representatives of the farming sector in the western Artemisa province, Amarelle said that women farmers have shown great entrepreneurial and creative spirit in their work at agricultural cooperatives throughout these years.
The meeting reviewed overall female participation in the farmers organization. It took note of the existence of more than three thousand women farmers in the Artemisa province alone.
- Experts Note Inconsistencies in Theory About Alleged Sonic Attacks
- Women in Danger in Mexico
- Cuban Experts Issue Statement Condemning Washington's False 'Sonic Attacks' Claim
- RHC's Interview with Writer and Poet Nancy Morejón
- Puerto Rican Independence Fighter Oscar López Rivera Presented with Solidarity Order
- RHC's Mailbag Show
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 4683
- today: 2687
- online: 204
- total: 3975204