Havana, August 17 (RHC)--The general secretary of the Federation of Cuban Women, Teresa Amarelle, called for greater inclusion of females in the membership of the National Association of Small Farmers, which she considered a key sector in the economic life of the country.
In a meeting with representatives of the farming sector in the western Artemisa province, Amarelle said that women farmers have shown great entrepreneurial and creative spirit in their work at agricultural cooperatives throughout these years.
The meeting reviewed overall female participation in the farmers organization. It took note of the existence of more than three thousand women farmers in the Artemisa province alone.
- RHC's special broadcast on the Cuban health system and the country's international health cooperation
- RHC's national and international news stories Feb.17
- RHC's scientific and medical review
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- RHC's segment 'The Jazz Place'
- RHC's national and international news stories
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 8030
- today: 7595
- online: 245
- total: 7319801