Havana, August 17 (RHC)--The general secretary of the Federation of Cuban Women, Teresa Amarelle, called for greater inclusion of females in the membership of the National Association of Small Farmers, which she considered a key sector in the economic life of the country.
In a meeting with representatives of the farming sector in the western Artemisa province, Amarelle said that women farmers have shown great entrepreneurial and creative spirit in their work at agricultural cooperatives throughout these years.
The meeting reviewed overall female participation in the farmers organization. It took note of the existence of more than three thousand women farmers in the Artemisa province alone.
- Cuba and Puerto Rico: Two wings of the same bird
- Fermín Quiñones: Helms-Burton is against the international community
- RHC's scientific and medical review
- Anayansi Rodriguez: Fidel taught us to defend peace and noble causes around the world
- Fernández de Cossío: the current U.S. government wrongly believe that they can reedit the Monroe Doctrine in our region
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3010
- today: 974
- online: 107
- total: 5862747