Havana, August 17 (RHC)--The general secretary of the Federation of Cuban Women, Teresa Amarelle, called for greater inclusion of females in the membership of the National Association of Small Farmers, which she considered a key sector in the economic life of the country.
In a meeting with representatives of the farming sector in the western Artemisa province, Amarelle said that women farmers have shown great entrepreneurial and creative spirit in their work at agricultural cooperatives throughout these years.
The meeting reviewed overall female participation in the farmers organization. It took note of the existence of more than three thousand women farmers in the Artemisa province alone.
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- Municipal Assemblies of People's Power to Hold Special Session on Saturday
- Replica of First Equestrian Statue of José Martí to be Inugurated on January 28th in Havana
- Cuba Receives Award as Safest Country for Tourism at FITUR 2018
- Russian Federation Bestows Friendship Order on Havana's Historian Eusebio Leal
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 4398
- today: 1438
- online: 204
- total: 4231010