Havana, October 17 (RHC/acn)-- The Islamic Republic of Pakistan donated 15,000 tons of rice, in a gesture of solidarity with the Cuban nation.
During the delivery ceremony in this capital, Antonio Carricarte, Deputy Minister of Foreign Trade and Investment, thanked the Pakistani government for its help, which should assist the speedy recovery of the municipalities hit by hurricane Matthew in the province of Guantanamo.
Pakistan’s ambassador to Cuba, Kamran Shafi, said his nation was pleased to help Cuba at a time of difficulties, and said possibilities exist for a strengthening Cuba-Pakistani bonds of friendship and cooperation.
- President Raúl Castro Meets with Visiting Counterpart from Serbia
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- Protests and Repression Continue in Argentina
- Cuba Renews Its Solidarity with Venezuela at ALBA-TCP Political Council
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- Cuban Parliament President Esteban Lazo Meets with Serbian President
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3914
- today: 1117
- online: 232
- total: 4105227